- E2G | The Equity Engineering Group Inc.
20600 Chagrin Blvd, Suite 1200
Shaker Heights, OH 44122 USA
Vice President, Business Development
Senior Vice President of Consulting Engineering
Materials & Corrosion Team Leader, Principal Engineer II
E2G | The Equity Engineering Group is a technology driven company that solves engineering problems for the chemical, petrochemical and oil and gas industries. Our consulting services and software is focused on finding answers to challenging industry problems, while promoting safety, and reducing risk to people, equipment and the environment.
E2G leverages technology and industry experience to extend the safe operating life of new and aging equipment by helping to prevent future failures, increase efficiencies, reduce downtime, maximize reliability, and minimize damage. We help clients improve profitability by managing risk and controlling inspection costs throughout a facility’s life cycle.
- We can do it for you: we deliver high-quality consulting services for full life-cycle management to maximize the efficiency and productivity of facilities by managing risk and controlling fixed-equipment costs.
- We can teach you to do it: We provide specialized industry training courses, including pressure equipment (pressure vessels, piping and tankage), materials and corrosion, welding and risk management.
- We can give you the tools: We have industry-leading, proprietary software products to help clients maintain their assets safely and reliably.
Areas of Expertise:
- Materials & Corrosion – Identify and understand potential HTHA and other damage mechanisms that may cause equipment failure or create adverse operating or maintenance issues. As leaders of the longest-running HTHA Joint Industry Project (JIP), we combine fitness-for-service (FFS) rules with mechanistic damage modeling to estimate remaining life and develop practical inspection plans that help clients make run, repair or replace decisions. Our team uses its extensive experience to create safe operating environments while also guiding equipment design, material selection, inspection strategies, weld repair techniques and process optimization. Combining state-of-the-art technology with practical recommendations, clients will maximize production, extend the safe operating life, and minimize costly component failures and unit downtime.
- Mechanical & Structural Engineering – Leverage our design and in-service experience to provide practical solutions to extend the life of fixed equipment, piping and structures. Proactively understand the effects of current damage and potential future progression by applying the appropriate level of technology to reduce the risk of failure, increase operational safety, and improve business continuity.
- Mechanical Integrity – Focus on the integrity of assets and management systems to prevent loss of containment while improving safety and reliability. Our multi-disciplinary approach spans the full life cycle an asset from design to maintenance and inspections follow recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEP) to provide proactive and reactive strategies appropriate for an asset’s intended operation.
- Pressure Relieving Systems – Identify safety critical pressure relieving systems and develop a plan on how to meet risk management targets, compliance requirements and business objectives. Our internationally recognized experts in pressure relief system design, optimization and installation will assess and evaluate new or existing systems to provide practical recommendations to maximize reliability and profitability.
- Risk-based Inspection (RBI) – Refocus maintenance dollars to the most needed areas by using risk as a basis for prioritizing and managing in-service inspection programs for pressure vessels, PRDs, piping and bundles. Our team uses API 580/581 principles to provide recommendations that confirm equipment condition, identify areas of vulnerability, reduce equipment performance uncertainties and predict the likelihood of failure.
- Rotating & Structural Piping Vibrations – Identify the highest-risk piping systems, prioritize field screening and decrease the risk of vibration fatigue failures with a comprehensive vibration risk assessment. Our team of expert vibration and rotating machinery engineers use state-of-the-art technology to provide practical and actionable recommendations to extend the life of in-service piping, structures and rotating equipment.
- Software – Utilize state-of-the-art software to make the right decisions keeping facilities safe and improving reliability. Our fully integrated software supports all aspects of equipment lifecycle management by integrating the latest API/ASME codes and standards with the depth of E2G’s engineering experience.
- Equity Engineering Practices (EEP) – Promote compliance, safety and reliability across all facilities using the Equity Engineering Practices (EEP). These comprehensive web-based documents are standardized Best Practices that will help improve the quality of engineering programs, project execution and asset lifecycle. The EEPs build upon regulatory requirements, providing engineering guidance and integrating lessons learned, operating experiences and subject matter expertise across all disciplines.