Same as in medicine field, engineering specialties are diverse and comprised experts with various backgrounds and knowhow. We would not choose to visit an orthopedist if we have a headache, right? At AmmoniaKnowHow.com we choose to collaborate with experts in their field so we can provide a high quality standard deliverable.
For process safety, in particular, these criteria of high level of expertise become vital – human life are at risk in case of an error.
AmmoniaKnowHow.com collaborates with Tech Safety Group, a specialized consultancy company providing process safety and reliability engineering expertise to operators and EPCM companies in the fertilizer industry.
Tech Safety Group work within projects to design and engineer the required safety systems for an installation to meet the intent of codes, standards and legislation and can provide support for all stages of a project from Concept through to Turnover and ongoing support during Operation and Maintenance.
Services provided, include:
- Failure modes, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA formal safety assessments)
- Hazard identification and assessment (HAZID)
- Fire and explosion analysis, mitigation and protection
- Hazard and operability studies HAZOP (chairing, and conducting close-out)
- ALARP assessment supported by Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Develop safety arguments, authoring, updating, reviewing and independent auditing of Safety Cases
- Carry out qualitative and quantitative assessment of hazard and risk from normal and upset conditions
- Hazard Registers and Risk Management using proprietary platform
- Inherent Safety and Design Optimization
- Regulatory and standards review and assistance
- Development of project safety related engineering deliverables
- Inclusion of safety legislation requirements for the operational facility
- Development of additional process safety, reliability studies and technical notes
- Development and maintenance of Safety Case and Security Reports