Decommissioning and inspection of ammonia storage tanks in India
Fertilizer Industrial Services (FIS) engineers in collaboration with advanced inspection services specialists from Global Remote are involved in shut-down, inspection, repairs and commissioning activities of two anhydrous ammonia storage tanks at Deepak Fertilizer (DFPCL) plant in Mumbai, India.
A detailed inspection plan, a HAZOP study and risk assessment were provided prior to decommissioning of ammonia tank.
The detailed commissioning procedure was developed for the following critical steps:
- Key process parameters
- Tank heating up process with hot nitrogen vapours
- Tank valve isolation positions for heating purpose
- Inerting of system and purging with nitrogen
- General inerting procedure
- Gas sampling points and frequency
- Tank blinding location and specifications
- DCS over-rides
- Manway opening sequence
- Danger of asphyxiant gas
- Purging the tank with air