Ammonia plant maintenance consultants
Fertilizer Industrial Services (FIS) provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) solutions for fertilizer plants around the world. We provide a full range of services across the life of ammonia and urea plant asset, from plant mobilisation and commissioning to lifecycle management and eventual decommissioning. Our O&M teams are supported by the in-house team of engineers and technical specialists, all with specific fertilizers expertise.
Tailored plant optimisation services
We have experience working across a wide range of fertilizer technologies that include ammonia, urea, nitric acid, ammonium nitrate and NPK plants as well as methanol plant technologies.
We offer tailored solutions, geared for optimal performance over the lifetime of the plant. Depending on customer needs, this can include initial project support, mobilisation, support for O&M services, technology transfer solutions or O&M consultancy.
During plant mobilisation, Fertilizer Industrial Services (FIS) ensures that the systems and processes needed to run the plant effectively are in place and that the Client’s Operation and Maintenance team has the skills and competencies to take full responsibility for the plant from commercial operation date.
- Reviewing plant requirements and plant familiarisation
- Establishing the O&M organisation structure
- Staff training and development
- Developing and installing management systems and procedures
- Participating in plant commissioning activities
- Negotiating of long-term service agreement (LTSA)
- Developing the O&M plan and budget
Plant operations and maintenance support
Full support for Client’s Operation and Maintenance team comes in place on the commercial operation date when Fertilizer Industrial Services (FIS) gets involved in operating and maintaining the plant together with Client personnel in line with the owner’s business objectives.
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance
- Plant performance monitoring, diagnostics and efficiency enhancement
- Management and evaluation of maintenance contracts, including the LTSA
- Technology evaluation and spares management
- Health, safety and environmental management
- Planned and unplanned maintenance (including overhauls)
- Plant performance and efficiency enhancements
- Asset management planning
- Site management
Technology transfer solutions for fertilizer plants
Our technology transfer solutions aim to equip local O&M teams with the knowledge and skills to operate and maintain the plant unassisted. This involves documenting procedures, providing ammonia training programmes and transferring knowledge from our staff to local staff over an agreed period of time.
- Competency assessments
- Skills transfer programmes
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- Handover and follow-on support
O&M consultancy services
Fertilizer Industrial Services (FIS) offers a range of O&M consultancy services, including operational audits and organisational and performance reviews. Benefits of Fertilizer Industrial Services plants O&M solutions include:
- Optimise plant performance
- Manage risks: our in-house engineering capability ensures that issues are dealt with rapidly and effectively by people with specific fertilizer plant expertise
- Meet commercial objectives: FIS understands our Clients’ commercial objectives and how to support them through the effective fertilizer plant O&M
- Protect your interests: as FIS is not tied to any single supplier, we offer expert, independent advice on technology choices based on our experience with a range of technologies
- Meet safety, health and environmental standards: FIS is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy environment for all people associated with our Clients’ operations
Learn from our experience: FIS facilitates shared learning between the fertilizer plants in our portfolio to improve the performance of all plants.